Notice: Undefined index: category_below_content in /home/julia329/public_html/wp-content/plugins/shareaholic/public.php on line 393
Dealing with and Letting Go of Emotions.
Emotions are neither good nor bad. They are just feelings.
However, when we hang onto negative emotions, negative thoughts, wrongs people have done us or those close to us or injustices in the world, you literally cause an energy block.
Emotions, feelings, and intuition are little compasses giving you directions so that you can have a fulfilled life, and be the best and truest version of yourself, which is where all the happiness and true desires lie.
So, if you bury an emotion, a feeling or a “ping” of intuition that you would have been better acknowledging, you condition yourself to this as the norm. We deaden our intuition and our knowing.
The problem is, we are gifted with emotions, feelings, and intuition for a very important reason and purpose, and you ignoring them is like a slap in the face to the Universe.
The system of energy in the universe is designed to bring us the things we want or need, however what we spend the most time thinking about is then what the energy system interprets as what we want more of and so that’s what it sends us.
Even if you just ruminate or go around and around thinking about the same thing over and over again, the energy becomes dense in one spot and stops the energy flowing.
Even constantly stressing will add energy blocks to your system, as stressing affects our auto immune system, and this then impacts our bodies negatively.
When energy gets stuck, it needs to be released or it will manifest itself by affecting us in the physical. It sets up an inflammatory, fight or flight, reaction, which then leads to a compromised immune system and disease.
Thought have become real.
Sometimes we think burying our emotions is something we have to do, often we push aside our feelings thinking, “I will deal with this later.” However, doing this buries them in our subconscious. Our subconscious mind is clever and will try to get you to deal with them by bringing them to the surface every now and then, but if something has been buried for long enough, it’s going to come up in a weird way that at times will be difficult to even trace back.
Imagine the checkout chick is talking to another customer and you are waiting, waiting, waiting, then when finally, she serves you she is rude. You suppress it, act like nothing happened. A few days later, you’ve consciously forgotten all about the checkout chick, but you go home and flip out on something your partner did to upset you. This was your subconscious reminding you that there was a blockage, but it resurfaced in an nasty way, then we are mad at ourselves and our partner and the blockage gets bigger and we have no idea what caused it all.
Here are some of the manifestations of buried emotions:
- When you wake up in a bad mood.
- Overreacting to small things
- Low feelings of self-worth, can be disguised of I’m too fat, I’m too dumb, I’m not gifted enough. All the I’m not enough statements we tell ourselves
- Feelings of deep sadness
- When you say, “I’m okay. I’m fine,” even if you’re not.
- When you can’t say what you truly feel to a person for fear of being rejected, ridiculed, or judged.
- When you take refuge in over self-indulgence (eating, drinking, drugs) during emotional lows.
- When you allow yourself to think as or become a victim.
- When you have a few drinks and hatred, anger, unforgiveness and lack of compassion raise their heads.
It is impossible to bury emotions.
They can’t be destroyed by ignoring them or burying them.
When you bury your emotions, you are actually planting a seed—a seed that is then watered with denial and negligence—and it eventually resurfaces in an ugly and unpredictable way. It must instead be processed and released to clear the energy block.
Techniques to Find Buried Emotions
These are practical ways to consciously embrace emotions:
START A JOURNAL. Each day, write down all the emotions you felt, you may need to do this several times a day to start with, as you become aware of an emotion, either good or back, jot it down, either on paper or in your notes on your phone. This is insightful as it.
It is only 9:15 am and I have been up for an hour and a half and I have just jotted down the emotions I have had in that time and I have:
- Anxiety, about what the day will bring,
- Frustration at someone not helping themselves.
- Happiness, from my dog looking out for me and loving me.
- Gratitude for the birds in the trees and a beautiful one sitting on my fence.
- Hunger as my sugar was going low.
- Fear that it will go too low and I will pass out
Not bad for just over an hour. This tells me I still have quite a few issues to deal with.
I love the fact that we never stop learning even when we are teaching others😊
This will help you to acknowledge in writing the feelings and sentiments of the day and take the time to look at why I experienced the ones I did.
RELEASE YOUR STUCK EMOTIONAL ENERGY.
- A quick way of dealing with emotions on the spot is to say, “anger/sadness/grief/wounding/frustration/fear/anxiety etc is happening here”, instead of “I’m angry…” or “You are angry….”.
Just recognize the emotion without making it yours or someone else’s. Become the observer and let go of any attachment to it and see what difference it makes.
If you have the opportunity to spend time with the emotion to see where it became stuck, then
- Go to a private place where you can be alone for a while.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly.
- Breathe deeply, until your whole body is relaxed, and your mind is clear. Revisit the emotion.
- Ask Spirit of Light and Love to help you or call on your angels for help, ask them to show you the cause of this emotion and to help you deal with it until it has no more power over you.
- Try recreating the original episode and imagine it playing out in a better way.
For example, looking back at our original scenario, if you imagined yourself saying to the checkout girl, “I think it is lovely that you are friendly and care about your customers, but it would be wonderful if you could balance that with the next customers’ needs and the fact that they may not have much time to wait and keep your conversation brief, maybe you could ask if the customer wanted to grab a coffee with you in your break if it is someone you really want to have a chat with or help in some way. I love the fact that you are so happy and make shopping a personal experience.”
Then imagine her saying, “oh thankyou for noticing, I do care for all my customers, but I understand other are sometimes in a hurry, sorry about that. I like your idea of grabbing a coffee in my break. Have a lovely day.”
Her smiling at you and you smiling back.
While this rewinding a situation seems fictitious, it does rewire the emotion and can also be used for the bigger stresses of life. For example, you said something, and your previous partner lost it and got violent, you can rewrite the situation with him not doing that and being understanding and loving instead. As strange as this seems it really does work as I have used it myself for some pretty big traumas.
- Use visualization to see the energy being cleared. You could imagine a vacuum literally sucking the blockage out of whatever part of my body is feeling affected.
SET ALARMS TO REMIND YOURSELF TO CHECK IN..
Set your mobile phone alarms with two-hour intervals.
Once the alarm sounds off, check yourself and your emotional state.
We tend to get stuck in negative cycles, so cutting into them allows for conscious awareness to be brought in. Write down the feeling for the 2 hours.
If you find you’re already in an awesome state, give it some gratitude and write these down too.
TALK THINGS THROUGH
Talk to a person who you truly trust, a person who accepts and loves you for who you are or for the bigger stuff I recommend seeing a therapist. A counsellor or a natural healer* that can help you find what is at the root of what you are feeling and help you to walk through the release process.
It is important that this is someone you really trust.
- Tell them your raw emotion.
- Let it out.
- But be careful not to turn it into a victim party or a gossip session.
FOCUS ON THE EMOTION. (90 second rule)
When you are dealing with the emotion, don’t get into thinking and making judgements about the person or people who you may feel caused you that emotional harm.
- Feel the emotion
- Name it
- See which part of the body it seems to be affecting
- Does it have a colour?
- Just sit with this feeling for 90 seconds and if we don’t feed it with negative thoughts, it will pass.
A friend once put it this way, when negative emotion comes knocking, invite it in, give it a seat, have a cuppa with it and then usher it out the back door…and never ask it to spend the night!!!
WRITE AND BURN. (this is good for after we have dealt with the issue)
- Write that emotion and the issues related to it on paper.
- Read it out loud.
- Then, burn it.
- Watch it turn to ashes.
This ritual helps in creating a closure to an emotional burden.
Being authentic means embracing our vulnerability. Emotions are neither good nor bad. It is what it is.
The 72,000 emotional receptacles all over our bodies dictate how we feel or react in varying life situations.
We can’t control emotions but we can choose what our reactions to them will be. Consciously embrace your emotions and start living an authentic life.
Say A Prayer
Grant me the courage to face and embrace my emotions. Emotions are gifts. They manifest my power to feel and create. May I see emotions not as frightening giants that are bent on stepping on me but as opportunities of growth, self-knowledge, and expansion.
Crystal point therapist
Oracle Card Reader
As these are alternative therapists, it is always good to get a referral from a friend or look online but look at the reviews they have. Unfortunately, just as you can have unethical or just untrained counsellors you can also come across the same in the Natural healing world.